I’m hoping that the Worldsim Global Roaming Simcard is the solution to maintaining cell-phone communication without being hit with excessive roaming charges.
During our 2012 camping trip in Europe, we encountered challenges with cell-phone communication. Having been burned previously with high roaming charges when using my Bermuda simcard in Europe, I purchased a pre-paid Lebara simcard in London. All worked well whilst I was in England and I was able to easily top-up the card as needed. However, when we got into France, roaming charges quickly gobbled up the credit on the card and I found it impossible to get the card charged up again, until I got back to England.
On the way home, we bought Global Roaming Cards from the British Airways in-flight services. The advertised features of the card sound very promising:
- Pre-paid SIM card with UK and US mobile numbers included
- Receive calls for FREE in 90 plus countries
- Coverage in 220 plus countries
- Easy, anywhere, anytime credit top up, including auto top up
- Cheap international call-forwarding
- Low, flat rate pricing on voice, sms and data
- Works on any unlocked GSM mobile phone
Hopefully the card lives up to the promises!