My ability to travel has been significantly enhanced now that I’ve purchased a new motorcycle. I’ve owned at least one bike (sometimes as many as five at the same time) from 1984 until I left Bermuda in June 2017. Once we had settled in Porto, one of my first tasks was to find another bike.
And the search didn’t take long. By 10th February, I had agreed to buy this gorgeous 2014 BMW F800GS Adventure. I’d been primarily looking at Hondas and Triumphs, but when I saw this fully-loaded Beemer advertised, it really caught my eye. And when I saw it in person, I knew that I had to have it.
It really is a beautiful bike that has been well cared for by its previous owner. The 800GS Adventure already has more features than a standard 800GS, but this one also has several additional optional extras. Some of the bike’s features are as follows:
– Enduro Pack – all-terrain mode for anti-lock braking system (ABS) and Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
– Comfort Pack
– Dynamic Pack – heated hand-grips
– On board computer
– Centre stand
– Traction control
– ESA – Electronic Suspension Adjustment
– Additional front LED lights – BMW
– Clear LED indicators – BMW
– Alarm – BMW
– Aluminium top box and side panniers BMW/Touratech
– Akrapovic muffler
– Full set of crash bars – TOURATECH
– Engine/sump protection – TOURATECH
– Charging plug with 2 USB ports – TOURATECH
– Side stand extension – TOURATECH
– Oil dipstick with secure wrench key – TOURATECH
– Air filter – K & N
TOMTOM Rider V4 GPS with aluminum machined support. (European map and map of Morocco)
After buying the bike, it had a period of inactivity, as I had to sort out the relevant driving licence and insurance requirements. But that is all sorted now, so I can hit the road.
I’m really looking forward to getting her out to explore Portugal’s roads and dirt-trails. It’s going to be a fun summer. And next year we may be riding to Morocco.